Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Beginning

No doubt the first question any victims of my blog will ask is where the name came from. Well, I owe that thought to Victor Hugo. For those who may not know who he is or have heard his name, but aren't sure why...look him up. That what I did. Anyway, the quote in particular I'm referring to is:


A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is a visible labor and there is an invisible labor.

I like that. It makes me feel just a little less lazy. After all, the Cartesian Coordinate system came from someone laying in bed watching a fly, right? (yes, it did)


So, I wouldn't presume to believe I could add any significance to one of the greatest literary achievements since the bible, but for my own purposes, I'd like to add my own little line.


All that glitters is not gold.

Not all who wander are lost...

And not all who remain still are inactive.



No comments:

Post a Comment